December 31st is a day I celebrate every year a bit differently than most – you see December 31st my godfather, my Uncle Ralph got a new liver.

And now October 12th is going to go in my calendar forever. Because on October 12th, 2012 my dad was given the gift of life and he received new lungs.

I can’t share all the details. But I can tell you that I will forever be grateful to the family who through their grief and loss was generous enough to choose to bless us, and bless my dad with a new pair of lungs.

I truly believe in God’s perfect timing. And through this whole thing I have seen God’s perfect timing and his hand over provision and protection. We’ve been through two calls. And then this one.

The surgeon couldn’t say enough how good the lungs were. And the fact that he was in surgery for the minimum time is amazing. I won’t get into the medicine too much, since most people won’t understand it, but they didn’t have to put him on bypass, or use donor blood at all, and he was awake just hours after he was out of the OR. My sister called me yesterday on her way home around 10pm, to say that they had taken him off the ventilator – 8 hours after surgery!

The last 331 days that my dad has been waiting have been an inner battle of trust. Trusting in God’s perfect timing, trusting the lungs would be a great match, trusting that my dad would stay healthy enough to have the surgery. But the fact that everything went so so well is proof to me that God had his hand on the situation the whole time.

The next bit I’ll be spending my time taking care of my mom and dad, and babE2 as well. So if it takes me an extra day to get back to you please be patient.

Also – if you have questions or would like an update please email me. I have disabled my facebook page for comments, as well as my personal page. I will update as often as I can via twitter and facebook, however please only rely on information from us. Information passed from person to person can get distorted.

Thank you so much for all your prayers over the last year, and over the next days and weeks. We appreciate it so much.

Share →

13 Responses to A new date to add to the calendar.

1. Jessica says:

Praise God! I am SO happy for you and congrats to your father. I hope and pray that he recovers well. Blessings!

2. Virginia says:

What awesome news! The surgery went well! You were missed. Love, V

3. BJ says:

well written Jac …

4. Nadine S says:

Hooray! Praise Jesus!

5. Deanna says:

I couldn't happy be happier for you and your family!

6. So amazing… He is so good!

7. tricia says:

SO happy to hear this, friend. 🙂 God is good!

8. Was so happy to hear this news. Sounds, medically, like everything went so smoothly that's such great news to hear. Praying that your dad and family make a speedy recovery! God is Good!

9. Hannah says:

My heart skipped a beat with this joyful news… this year in April my extremely healthy dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor… it was the fastest growing kind there is and the doctor only gave him a few months to live. We spent most of the summer traveling down to the states to squeeze every moment and make memories to last a lifetime. He passed away at the very beginning of July. As I read your journey of walking through this with your dad, it pulled all sorts of heart-strings for me… I am rejoicing that you still have your father… I know you are cherishing the moments!

(this was another thing we had in common that my pregnant brain forgot to include in the email…)

10. Kristyn LaPres says:

Oh my gosh, tears of joy!!! I had a feeling it would be coming soon and I am so relieved! I could not be happier at this moment for your family!

11. Kara says:

Absolutely amazing! God is good.

Prayers to you and your family during this time.

12. […] I am INCREDIBLY thankful for the families that agree to donate a loved one’s organs! One family recently made the choice to give life and it affected someone very dear to me!  Read about it here […]