You may have noticed that things have been really quiet around here the last few weeks. We’ve had an eventful few months with miss Rory and the last week and a bit we decided that we needed to be just us for the time being.

rory

Aurora arrived on Saturday February 23rd, at 11:57pm. She’s a few days old now and she’s doing great! She’s been off breathing support for over 12 hours and holding her own. She’s tiny! Grayson was a big preemie weighing almost 2lbs more than the average baby born that early. Rory isn’t that big, but she is about half a pound bigger than the average. She’s a tiny 4lb 12oz little girl.

I’m recovering well from my c-section. Goodness I have been through surgery before but this was the hardest recovery by far. I do think that being stuck in bed for so long made the desire to be up and moving that much stronger after and has definitely helped me be up and walking more than I thought I would.

I’m going home tonight for the night to see my little man. I’ve only seen him once since I was readmitted on the 15th. It’s been a long few days since then! Then tomorrow I’ll be back and staying here at the Ronald McDonald house so I can be here for Rory as much as possible.

I’ll try and post more details later this week, but we wanted to let you know why we’ve been quiet the last bit.

Thank you for all your prayers these past months, and the prayers that will continue. We’re starting a new part of our journey now.

Share →

12 Responses to A Sweet Arrival

1. First off, congratulations! What a blessing!
    I will be praying for your recovery and little Rory's growth. And that life will just settle into a restful, healing rhythm.

2. Stephanie Hart says:

So happy you got to meet your girl! You did such a great job helping her to grow big and strong inside you! Praying and praying, friend!

3. Kelly says:

Beautiful!! I couldn't wait to see your update this morning.

4. Lynne says:

You may be sure that the prayers will continue. And, I just want to say that I have your print hanging on the bulletin board above my desk at work…Jesus Loves me this I know, with the "me" surrounded by a swirly heart. I was fortunate enough to win a set of small prints from you last year. I've used some of them as note cards, or words of encouragement to friends, so thanks for giving me a beautiful way to bless others. There are some days that are so ridiculous, I really need to just take a deep breath and say "Jesus Loves Me", and this card reminds me that no matter how hectic or crazy this day, I can be sure of, and take comfort in, that very truth! Blessings on all of you!

5. Congratulations, Ernsts and welcome to the world, Rory! She's a beauty!

6. Lisa Marie says:

Aww!! Since we were originally due date buddies, I am now getting anxious! Congrats on baby girl! I pray she stays strong and will be able to go home soon!

7. Kate says:

Aww she is so sweet & I love her name.

8. Chelsea says:

Congratulations! What a beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl!

9. Laura Nelson says:

Congratulations!!!!! She’s just perfect! I’ve had 2 c-sections & I also found the recovery much harder the second time.

10. beforeverlovely says:

Saying prayers for you and your fam, and certainly precious Miss Rory. ♥

11. Kelly says:

Congratulations and you will stay in my prayers!

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

12. Jessica says:

congrats! I am praying for your sweet baby. know that She is in God's hands and that he has a plan for her. Dear God, I pray that you would be with Jac and her family. give them peace and comfort. help them to fight through the bad times and to rejoice in the good. give them strength and energy when the days get long and the nights stretch on for forever. thank you for the new gift of life and for the blessing that a new child is to a family. thank you for Rory and for her beautiful, precious life. use her small and mighty start in life to glorify you. thank you for your energy and love that sustain us. thanks for Jac and her williness to shine for you. she makes me smile and I am so thankful to call her a friend. Amen. Blessings, friend. <3